Map Creator offers the possibility to visualize your own geo files within a tool called “Your Geospace”. At the moment the following formats are supported:
1 GPX traces and waypoints
Uploading GPX files is a prominent use case to visualize your personally collected data. You can upload traces and waypoints and use a couple of functionalities within the tool to customize your data. To do so follow the steps as described below:
1) Activate GPX data from the Map Creator repository by clicking on the check box “GPX traces” under “Support layers” within the “Edit toolbar”.
2) Click on the “Your Geospace” button to open the functionality.
3) Choose a file or drag and drop a file from your local drive into the “Your Geospace” panel.
4) The “Your Geospace” editing panel will show up with the following information:
- GPX map display (Nr.1)
- Your GPX trace and waypoints are displayed as lines and dots on the map.
- Click on a GPX trace or waypoint to get additional information about your GPX data (e.g. name, time, …).
- File information (Nr.2)
- The File information gives more details about your GPX trace (name, size, number of objects, …).
- Set viewport to data (Nr.3)
- When clicking on the eye icon then your GPX data will be centered on the map.
- Remove (Nr.4)
- When clicking on the trashcan icon then you can remove your GPX data from “Your Geospace”.
- This option guarantees that your GPX data cannot be seen by other user.
- Share (Nr.5)
- When clicking on share you agree to save your GPX data to the Map Creator repository.
- This option makes your GPX data also visible for other users.
- Add more files (Nr.6a and 6b)
- You can upload more files when clicking the “+” icon, “Choose file” or “Drag and drop more files”.
- Remove all (Nr.7)
- Click on “remove all” to remove multiple selected GPX files.
- Manage objects (Nr.8)
- When clicking on the table icon you are opening a chart with the full information of your GPX data.
- If you are working with two monitors then you can move the chart to one of them and get a clear overview.
- The chart is customizable with the following options:
- Drop downs – Sort, hide or pin your GPX data. (Nr.8a)
- Book icon – Enable or disable the chart columns. (Nr.8b)
- Map label – Choose an option (e.g. name) to label your GPX data on the map. (Nr.8c)
- Select object – Activate the check mark to select an object and the activated object will also be highlighted by a blue flashing circle in the map. (Nr.8d)
- Zoom to selected – Click on the button to zoom to the selected object which will be displayed in the center of the map. (Nr.8f)
5) Use your GPX data to add roads, places and/or house numbers