Modify a road
1 Changing the geometry of a road
There are several ways to modify a road.
1.1 Changing the length of a road
1) Click on the road, select a node and move it to the new location.
1.2 Adjusting the shape of a road
There are three ways to adjust the shape of a road: by moving an existing node or shape point, by adding a shape point and moving it, and by moving a sub-shape point.
1.2.1 Move a node or shape point
1) Select the road, click on the node or shape point and drag to the new location
1.2.2 Add a shape point and move it
1) Right-click on the road, select “Shape road” and a new shape point appears
2) Move the shape point to its new location.
1.2.3 Move a sub-shape point
1) Select the road, click on the sub-shape point and move it to the new location.
2) A new shape point is created and new sub-shape points appear.
1.3 Deleting a shape point
1) Select the road, right-click on the node or shape point and select “Remove this node”.
Deleting a node shortens the road segment to the closest shape point.
Deleting a shape point changes the shape of the road.
1.4 Dividing the road in two segments
1) Select the road, right-click on the shape point and select “Divide into 2 road segments”.
2) The road is split and a new node is created.
1.5 Remove junction
1) Select the road, right-click on the junction node and select “Remove junction”.
2) The selected road will be removed from the junction.
2 Changing the attributes of a road
There are two ways to activate the ability to change attributes.
2.1 Select the road
1) Click on the road and modify attributes in the “Road attributes” panel.
2.2 Edit road details
1) Right-click on the road, select “Edit road details” and modify attributes in the “Road attributes” panel.