Additional place editing tools
1 Upload a picture related to a Place
You can upload an image to clarify a Place edit. Uploaded images are only visible to internal experts and used as reference.
1) Select the relevant Place.
2) Click on “Upload image.”
3) Browse your computer, select the image for uploading and click “Open.”
4) After clicking “Open” the image preview appears.
5) The “Upload image” preview offers these features:
- The arrows button allows you to move the image to the corresponding location on the map
- Click on the arrows button. An image icon appears.
- Move the icon to the correct location on the road (also taking into account road side).
- The X button cancels the upload
- Click “Save” to upload the image to the Map Creator repository.
You can start a Discussion about a road or reply to Discussions started by other user.
2.1 Start a Discussion
There are two methods to start a Discussion.
2.1.1 “Start to discuss” method
1) Select the relevant Place.
2) Click the “Start to discuss” button on the “Place attributes” panel.
3) Complete the “Start discussion” form and click “Submit”
4) Once submitted, visit your post on the Discussion Board by clicking the provided link.
2.1.2 “Start discussion” method
1) Right-click on the relevant Place and select “Start discussion.”
2) Complete the “Start discussion” form and click “Submit.”
3) Once submitted, visit your post on the Discussion Board by clicking the provided link.
2.2 To see your Discussions or Discussions by other users
1) Open the layer menu and expand the “Support Layers” option
2) Activate the “Discussions” checkbox if you want to see Discussions in your area. Discussions are marked with a yellow icon.
2.3 Reply to other Discussions
1) Hover the cursor over the icon to read the Discussion
3) Click the pencil icon to open the item in the Discussion Board.
4) Type a reply and click “Submit.”
2.4 Report an offensive, inappropriate or spam Discussion
1) Click on the pencil icon.
2) Within the “Discussion Board,” click the “Report” option.
3) The topic will be marked as inappropriate content and will be reviewed.
- Discussions are visible to all Map Creator users.
- Discussions cannot be deleted.
3 Report non-editable Place issues
You can report a Place-related issue which cannot be edited in Map Creator by using the “Feedback” or “Report a map problem” features.
3.1 “Feedback” option via the footer
1) Click the “Feedback” button.
2) Click “Report a map problem”.
3) Complete the “Report a map problem” form.
- “Select a problem” that best describes the issue.
- “Select a type” that best describes the problem.
- “Customer reference id” is optional.
- Add your comment to the “Please provide us more details” field.
- “Add image/file” as reference for your report (optional).
- If needed, move the red marker to the location of the map problem.
- Click “Submit”
3.2 “Report a map problem” functionality
1) Right-click at the map problem location and choose “Report a map problem” from the menu.
2) Complete the “Report a map problem” form (see example above) and click “Submit.”
- Images and detailed comments speed up processing.
- If you don’t find your problem in one of the “Select a problem” categories, choose “Other (Not listed here).”