Map Creator offers the ability to display street-level imagery from our partner Mapillary. Their community has collected over 75 million photos globally which can be used to edit the map.
1) To see Mapillary street-level imagery, activate the “Mapillary Coverage” layer in “Support Layers.”
2) After activating the layer, you will see colored lines that represent imagery age.
3) To view an image at a specific location, right-click on the colored line and select “Show in Mapillary.”
4) The image viewer opens with the following additional information and options:
- Date/time information
- Time stamp of the collected image.
- User name
- User who captured the image.
- Click the user name to learn more about the user’s image collection history.
- “Mapillary.com” button
- Opens the image on the Mapillary website in a bigger size. If desired, sign in/sign up for Mapillary while on the site.
- Image direction
- Indicates direction the lens was facing when the image was captured.
- Navigation arrows
- Use the arrows to navigate along the road.
- Drive mode
- Click on the center button to automatically display images in sequence.
- Click on the left button to scroll through single images backwards
- Click on the right button to scroll through single images forwards
- Mouse pointer/wheel
- Use the mouse pointer to pan around the image.
- Double-click to zoom in.
- Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- Position indicator
- The position indicator shows position of the image being viewed in relation to the map.