Map Creator workspace
In this chapter you can learn more about the Map Creator work space and its different user interface elements.
1 Top Bar
The top bar includes the following elements:
- Clicking on the “HERE logo” brings you to the official HERE page.
About Map Creator
- Learn more about Map Creator and the Map Creator Community.
- Clicking on the “Discussion board” brings you to the discussion page where you can add remarks/questions and follow ongoing discussions globally.
- Clicking on the “Help” icon brings you to the “HERE Map Creator Tips & Tricks” section.
- Clicking on the “Language” button allows you to chose between 37 languages to change the user interface.
Get The App
- “Get the app” with links to the “Google Play” and the “App Store” web page for downloading the “HERE Mobile Map Creator” to your device.
- Via the “Login” section you can find more info on “My HERE Account”, “Settings” and “Logout”
2 Bottom Bar
The bottom bar includes the following elements:
3 Service Bar
The service bar is the black vertical bar on the left and contains the administrative sections.
- “What´s new?” includes articles, success stories and helpful information about community projects and Map Creator.
- Within “Your stuff” you can find information about your personal statistics and your Map Creator contributions.
- “Your Geospace” is a functionality which allows you to upload your own data into Map Creator.
The entire map area turns into an editor. Just zoom into the area you want and select an object to start editing.
- Use the “Search bar” to find a location where you want to edit.
- The “Edit toolbar” is on the top right side of the editor and contains the core editing tools.
- Use it to add roads, places, and house numbers and to open additional support layers.
- The “Map controls” are on the bottom right of the editor.
- They contain features to help you to edit the map more accurately.
- The “Editing bar” replaces the “Top bar” once you are in edit mode and select an object.
- It contains the edit controls “Undo”, “Save” and “Cancel”.
- The “Object panel” opens on the left when you select an object.
- It contains all editable attributes and some special options according to the feature you are editing.
Right Click Menus
- The “Right click menus” are activated when right clicking on the map or an editable object.