- An attribute is an characteristic of an map object (e.g. road, place or house number).
- Color coding is used when colors are applied to a feature to distinguish the different characteristics or values of it.
- Crossings in Map Creator are places where roads connect, overpassing or underpassing another road.
Direction of travel
- Direction of travel describes the way a vehicle can go according to the travel regulations. We distinguish two opions which are one-way or two-way (aka. both ways).
- Editable objects is a subsection of the edit toolbar and includes places and house numbers for activation.
- The edit toolbar includes the different selectable map layers distuingished in editable objects and support layers.
- Lanes are marked strips on the road for single lines of vehicles.
- Map alerts are map tasks where a verification is requested.
- Mapillary is an app to record georeferenced street-level imagery.
Mapillary tile age
- The mapillary tile age describes the time segment when a street-level imagery has been taken.
Multi digitized road
- A multi digitized road describes roadbeds which are seperated by a work (e.g. center traffic islands, …). They have the same road name but opposing direction of travel.
- A node describes the start and end point of a road segment.
- The roadbed defines the part of the road where vehicles can travel.
- The road network describes the available transportation network within the HERE database.
- A road segment is the smallest unit of a road stretch and defined by its start and end nodes.
- A road stretch describes the connected single road segments.
- The specific characteristics of a road is consolidated into road types. In Map Creator the following types can be distinguished: Highway, Main, Local access, Residential, Parking lot road, 4WD, Pedestrian zone, Pedestrian road and Trail.
- A roundabout is an oval or circular traffic feature with a one-way direction and at least thre incoming side roads.
- A shape point or mulitple shape points describe a curved or angled road segment and can be find between a start and end node.
- A side road is an incoming road which connects to a neighbouring road.
- Street-level imagery is a collection of connected images recorded by a camera during driving, bicycling, and so on.
- A Sub-shape point or multiple sub-shape points can be found on a road segment between a start and end node and/or between shape points. If they are getting moved then they turn into a shape point.
- Support layers is a subsection of the edit toolbar and includes map alerts, discussions, mapillary coverage and gpx traces for activation.
- The viewport is the rectangle viewing region of Map Creator.